Monday, December 2, 2013

Dreaming of the beach

I miss summer.

It's sad, because winter isn't even here yet, but it's getting cold, and the trees are bare.

A few weeks ago We were at the beach, just for a few days.  It was too cold to go in the water of course, but nice enough to walk a mile up and down it with our coffee in the morning, and sit in the sun, and dream of warmer days.  We looked for shells, sea glass and, out to sea, for dolphins, but found no treasures and saw not a single fin!  But looking is the thing, really, not the finding.

I was looking at pictures from that long weekend escape and they made me happy, so I thought I would share!
This is where we walked, right on the edge of the water.  The high rise hotels and the board walk off far enough not to be a distraction.  The shells, as you see, were small or broken...

We found this castle early in the morning.  The towers and sea shell shaped mound were pinker before the sun was up this high.  I especially liked the coffee stirrer banner poles on the high tower.  I wonder if the builders were watching us admire it from the hotels behind us.  They did a nice job, don't you think?
This last picture is me, with my coffee.  My hair is a mess, it was so windy.  Do I look like I care?  I need to go back to the beach....

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! What beach is it?
    That was a nice sand castle you stumbled upon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virginia beach...just a long weekend but so nice to have just me and Jim...

    ReplyDelete