Friday, December 6, 2013

In the mood?

Last year, there were lights by now.
I think we have a problem Houston...

The neighbors are all lit up.

I'm usually done shopping before November ends.  Also not true this year.  I bought a couple things today, but it was an effort.

Would it be ok to not have a tree?  Or the mess that goes with putting it up, and uggggh - taking it down after?  I haven't the energy to think about it just now.

What would it be like to take a cruise instead?  Or go to a warm place?


My kid, or kids, if you count Megan, who I stole last year, are 19, and they don't get up Christmas morning, full of wide eyed delight at what Santa brought.  No.  They sleep 'til noon. They open things, and then trade, because whatever I give kid A, kid B likes that one better, and visa versa.

Shenandoah has asked me for cash this year, because what she really wants is a tattoo.   Really?  I have to help finance that?   Blech....

So.  I could just skip Christmas.

No cookies, no calories.....right?

Nah.
We will probably drag out all the stuff tomorrow.  Hope you and yours are getting a better start on this holiday than me and mine!  I will post my tree when (and if) I get it set up!   :)

2 comments:

  1. We haven't put up a tree in years. I divided the sentimental ornaments between my daughters and if I have a need to see a tree I go visit one of them. I do make a minimal effort, decorate the mantel ans so forth and since we host the family Christmas dinner I go all out with the table decorations.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually do so much I dread taking it all down. Can't get started this year

    ReplyDelete